My friend Mafalda Pereira posted on Facebook that she is fasting. I got curious about it – might even give it a go too.
Mafalda is a dear friend of mine and the author of the blog Agora É Que Vai (it’s Portuguese and it translates to Now It’s Going).
We met 10 years ago in Portugal.
Those were some crazy times that I will never forget.
Party, intellectual conversations, family, hangovers.
Long story short, Mafalda and I share many interests in life – she one of my TOP 10 people in the world.
Mafalda is on the left – if she recommends fasting, I’ll listen to her.
I am in the middle – yes, that’s me before losing my hair.
Filipa, my best friend is on the right.
This book has over 5000 positive reviews on Amazon.
This book is for everyone – not only for beginners but experienced fasters too.
I’m sure there are other great books out there, but I found this one to be the best of them all.
What is fasting?
Lately, I’ve heard the word “FASTING” so many times that I had to look into it.
Eating all day long? No.
Fasting means not eating food for a period of time.
It could be 6 hours, 12 hours or even longer. Mafalda told me that she does it for 72 hours sometimes.
Apparently, there are a lot of benefits associated to fasting.
The Benefits Of Fasting
- Promotes weight loss.
- Stabilizes your blood pressure.
- It protects the brain from oxidative damage.
- Reduces your blood sugar levels.
- Less leptin, less appetite.
- You’ll be healthier.
- It helps to burn fat faster.
- It will strengthen your immune system.
- You stress levels will reduce and you’ll feel better.
Read My Latest Health Related Posts
- My Alopecia Story and Struggles Since 2012I was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata in 2012. Here’s my story. Alopecia can lead to depression, anxiety and low self-esteem.
- Fasting? Is it safe and good for your health?My friend Mafalda Pereira posted on Facebook that she is fasting. I got curious about it – might even give it a go too.
- I Just Got Diagnosed With Coronavirus – What Now?I’m writing this blog post because I’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19 and I feel like sharing my experience might help someone.
Blogger | Student | Entrepreneur
I hope you enjoy reading my blog posts as much as I enjoy writing them!