You better remember to take your bag for life with you when you go shopping!
From 21st May 2021, all retailers in the UK must charge at least 10p for single-use carrier bags.
That’s a good thing, right?
It’s time we all become aware of what’s happening with the environment and take action to save the planet.
10 Alarming Facts About Plastic Pollution
- Every year, we contaminate the oceans with more than 12 million tonnes of plastic.
- More than 1 million seabirds die due to plastic contamination every year.
- Every day an average of 8 million pieces of plastic ends up in the sea.
- The UK alone uses over 2 million tonnes of plastic packaging per year.
- Just this precise minute (while you’re reading this), more than 1 million plastic bags are going in the ocean.
- Only 1% of marine litter floats. Everything else sinks to the seafloor.
- It is estimated that over two-thirds of the fish in the world are ingesting plastic.
- Statistics indicate that more than 90% of all seabirds hold plastic in their stomachs.
- Unfortunately, less than 15% of all plastic bags are recycled. Where I live, Lincolnshire, bags are not recyclable at all. In fact, people can be fined for putting plastic bags into the recycling bin (even though most bags have a recyclable symbol on them).
- It can take up to 1000 years for a plastic bag to deteriorate.
Blogger | Student | Entrepreneur
I hope you enjoy reading my blog posts as much as I enjoy writing them!
This is a collection of resources and tools that I use on a regular basis for blogging, to organise myself and by businesses.
I am an authorised UW distributor and would like to help you save money on your utility bills. Why not? Contact me for more information.
I watched Wild Wild Country on Netflix and learned about OSHO. Now I’m curious and to know more.
What’s with the gender titles in the UK? Why do women have to disclose their relationship status in every legal form?
A blog doesn’t have to be perfect. I have only just realised that consistency is better than perfectionism.
I started working from home over 15 years ago when I was just 16 years old. So here are some tips to work from home for you.