You better remember to take your bag for life with you when you go shopping! All shops in the UK must now charge for carrier bags.
From 21st May 2021, all retailers in the UK must charge at least 10p for single-use carrier bags.
That’s a good thing, right?
It’s time we all become aware of what’s happening with the environment and take action to save the planet.
10 Alarming Facts About Plastic Pollution
- Every year, we contaminate the oceans with more than 12 million tonnes of plastic.
- More than 1 million seabirds die due to plastic contamination every year.
- Every day an average of 8 million pieces of plastic ends up in the sea.
- The UK alone uses over 2 million tonnes of plastic packaging per year.
- Just this precise minute (while you’re reading this), more than 1 million plastic bags are going in the ocean.
- Only 1% of marine litter floats. Everything else sinks to the seafloor.
- It is estimated that over two-thirds of the fish in the world are ingesting plastic.
- Statistics indicate that more than 90% of all seabirds hold plastic in their stomachs.
- Unfortunately, less than 15% of all plastic bags are recycled. Where I live, Lincolnshire, bags are not recyclable at all. In fact, people can be fined for putting plastic bags into the recycling bin (even though most bags have a recyclable symbol on them).
- It can take up to 1000 years for a plastic bag to deteriorate.
Carrier Bags Are a Threat to Our Planet
We all know that plastic bags are a threat to our planet, but do we care?
I would like to challenge you and think about how you can make a positive impact on the environment by simply reducing your usage of carrier bags.
Just in case you decide to be really cool, I’ll leave here my wishlist. Feel free to give me just one of the items. They’re not in a special order.
I’m not the type of person who knows all the actors and goes to the cinema every weekend, but I love watching movies.
If you want to know how to build wealth, read this article. It’s a comprehensive guide on how to build wealth.
This is the quickest way to find my best blog posts published in 2021. Read them and let me know which one is your favourite.
I recommend CrowdProperty . If you have some spare money and want to invest, this platform could be what you’re looking for.
I know that I’m only 32 (now you know) but a mini-retirement would be awesome right now.